iPlace Global is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then please be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
iPlace Global Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 17th November, 2020.
- Who we are
- What we collect
- How we collect your personal data
- Legal Basis for Processing
- What we do with the information we gather
- When we share your personal data
- Where we store your information
- Links to other websites
- Controlling your information
- How long we keep your personal data
- Your data protection rights
- How to contact us
- Changes to this policy
1. Who we are
“Removals Index” is a trading name of iPlace Global Ltd, 4 Old Park Lane, London, W1K 1QW, who is the Data Controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 (the Act), the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulation (PECR). The iPlace Global ICO registration number is Z1726192.
2. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and contact information including email address and telephone number
- removals information such as your old and new address, the type of property, your moving date and other details about the removals services and help you need
- other information we need to enable our trusted partners to provide you with relevant quotes
- information relevant to our other services that you have chosen to receive, for example insurance and so on
- technical information, used to improve the service and website, including your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, information about your visit including the full URL visited, the source of your visit, products or services viewed or searched for, page interaction information (e.g. scrolling, length of visit), and page response times
- details of communications with you (e.g. emails from you)
3. How we collect your personal data
Most of the data we process will be data that we collect directly from you when you answer the questions we ask in the forms on the website which relate to your removal needs; or questions we ask, through various channels, relating to other services you have chosen to receive, such as insurance and so on.
Where relevant, we will collect personal data from our communications with you – such as email, telephone and so on.
4. Legal Basis for Processing
- The processing and sharing of your personal data with trusted partners and providers is necessary to fulfil the services you have asked us to provide, and is processed under the legal basis of contractual obligation
- When processing for marketing and promotion purposes such as sending news of new products or services, special offers or use personal data to improve our services we will process under legitimate interests. We shall conduct a legitimate interest assessment to make sure our business interests will not override your interests. You will be able to opt out at any time.
- From time to time we may be required by law to share your personal data with certain public authorities, regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies, including but not limited to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Where the law requires us to disclose your personal data, our legal basis for doing so shall be Legal Obligation.
- We shall only process health or other special category data (such as religious beliefs) where you have provided us with explicit consent to do so.
5. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service. We will only pass your personal data to the providers of services you have requested. We shall never sell your information to any further parties without your permission.
We shall use your personal data in particular for the following reasons:
- To provide the quote request details to up to 6 removal companies or to other partner businesses who provide the services that you have requested who will then contact you with quotes via email/phone/SMS. They may then follow up to see whether you want to use their services.
- Our trusted partner companies have agreed to process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all applicable laws. You have the same rights over how they use your data as you do with us
- We are not in control of the processes or policies of partner companies who may provide you with quotes and/or services; the partner companies are responsible for their own GDPR compliance when they process your personal data to provide their services
- To contact you to discuss your quotes or gather feedback on the service or service providers
- For internal record keeping
- We may use the information to improve our products and services
- If you respond to the invitations we send you to get quotes for other services, we will inform you when other companies will be sent your details.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you by email, phone, or mail for market research or feedback purposes
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests, or to measure the relevance and effectiveness of our advertising
- If iPlace Global Ltd or its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by iPlace Global Ltd about its customers will be transferred to the acquirer.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, technical, electronic, organisational and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We use state of the art technology for processing and storing data, and data transfers , including encryption, and access control. Your personal data is processed with confidentiality and integrity.
7. When we share your personal data
iPlace Global Ltd may share your personal information with other services providers but only when you request specific services from our partners, in this case, removal services.
If you wish to take additional services from us, we will inform you about those partners to whom we will send your information.
A list of companies and firms with whom we share you personal details in order to provide you with services can be found here (link to list of partners / providers).
Use of our service is free as Removals Index will receive a fee from our partner service providers.
We may also share your personal data with data processors who act under our instructions to provide services with confidentiality and integrity in compliance with relevant data protection laws, such as the Act, GDPR and PECR.
8. Where we store your data
Your data will usually be held in a destination inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, there may be times when the data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to countries that provide an adequate level of protection. We will use the EU Standard Contract Clauses to cover the transfer of personal data outside the EEA and from the UK to and from countries in the EEA when the UK has left the EEA.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To help keep our service and website relevant and targeted to our audience, we may use analytical and advertising tools such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords which include specific content features such as remarketing, affinity audiences, custom affinity audiences, “In-market audiences”, similar audiences, demographic and location targeting. We may also use information gathered on this website for remarketing purposes on other third party websites. We do not run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect or analyse any personal identifiable information (eg name, email address, contact details) or pass any of this information to third parties except for the specific purpose of fulfilling your request for quotations.
10. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
11. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- you may opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising Features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps or by downloading an add-on for your browser here – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- If you tell us you wish this to happen, we may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting.
12. How long we keep your personal data
All personal data will be held in accordance with our company retention and deletion policy. We only keep your information for as long as it is needed for each of the activities we have identified in this privacy notice, or while you have an active account with us, in order that we may offer and provide our services to you. We will also keep your data for as long as is required to meet our legal or regulatory obligations.
13. Your data protection rights
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your data:
- Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. If you do so, we will no longer be able to provide services to you;
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- The right to access the information we hold about you and to be provided with a copy. If you make more than one such request, we will be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for the second and subsequent requests;
- you have the right to ask us to correct or complete any information we hold that you consider to be inaccurate or incomplete – if you believe that the information we are hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, please tell us as soon as possible.
- The right to ask us to delete the information that we hold about you if, for example, you consider that this information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it. This is sometimes referred to as “the right to be forgotten”;
- The right to ask us to suspend processing of your data if: (i) you consider that it is inaccurate; or (ii) its processing is unlawful but you do not wish us to delete it; or (iii) we no longer require the data but you need us to keep it for a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing and we are verifying whether we have a legitimate reason to continue processing it;
- The right to be provided with a copy of the data that we hold about you in a commonly used electronic format. This is sometimes referred to as “data portability”.
14. How to Contact Us
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, or to request details of personal information which we hold about you, please write to The Data Controller, iPlace Global Ltd, 4 Old Park Lane, London, W1K 1QW or email email@example.com. You can contact the iPlace Global Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are processing your personal data not in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office – https://ico.org.uk/
15. Changes to this policy
From time to time this policy will be updated if there are any changes in the way the Removals Index processes your personal data. You are advised to review this policy on a regular basis.