“Removals Index” is a trading name of iPlace Global Ltd, 4 Old Park Lane, London, W1K 1QW
The Data Controller for purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) is iPlace Global Ltd, 4 Old Park Lane, London, W1K 1QW.
iPlace Global Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
iPlace Global Ltd may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 23/05/2018
2. What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address and telephone number
- demographic information such as (but not limited to) your address
- technical information, used to improve the service and website, including your IP address, browser type and version, operating system, information about your visit including the full URL visited, the source of your visit, products or services viewed or searched for, page interaction information (e.g. scrolling, length of visit), and page response times
- relevant financial data e.g. credit or debit card details and bank details
- other information relevant to your quote request or to other services that you have opted in to
- details of communications with you (e.g. emails from you)
3. What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Provide the quote request details to up to 6 removal companies or to other partners who provide services that you have requested who will then contact you with quotes who will then contact you with quotes via email/phone/SMS. We will never sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any further parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We process your data under the ‘legitimate interest’ basis of GDPR so that our service can remain free to users. Partner companies have agreed to process your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and all applicable laws – You reserve the same rights with partner companies as you do with us under clause 9. However, we are not in control of the processes or policies of partner companies who may provide you with quotes and/or services; by using this service, you agree that we are not liable for any breach of GDPR or other applicable laws by partner companies, and indemnify us against any such breaches.
- Contact you to discuss your quotes or gather feedback on the service or service providers. We may contact you by email/phone/SMS. You can opt out of any SMS messages by replying “STOP”.
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests, or to measure the relevance and effectiveness of our advertising.
- We do not store any financial data on our servers – we use third party, PCI compliant processors for financial data (credit/debit card data, bank details).
- We will hold your data for 1 year (unless there is an outstanding matter with you)
- If iPlace Global Ltd or its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by iPlace Global Ltd about its customers will be transferred to the acquirer.
- We may invite you to opt-in to receive emails helping you to get quotes for other, related services. We process this data using the “consent” basis of GDPR. Your personal details will only be used to send you notifications you have requested and for no other purpose. At this stage, your details are not shared with third-parties who may provide the service. If you respond to emails we send inviting you to get quotes for other services we will explicitly inform you when other firms will be passed your details. You may opt-out of receiving our emails at any time.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
5. Where we store your data
Your data will usually be held in a destination inside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). However, there may be times when the data we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law, you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office – https://ico.org.uk/
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
To help keep our service and website relevant and targeted to our audience, we may use analytical and advertising tools such as Google Analytics and Google AdWords which include specific content features such as remarketing, affinity audiences, custom affinity audiences, “In-market audiences”, similar audiences, demographic and location targeting. We may also use information gathered on this website for remarketing purposes on other third party websites. We do not run interest-based advertising campaigns that collect or analyse any personal identifiable information (eg name, email address, contact details) or pass any of this information to third parties except for the specific purpose of fulfilling your request for quotations.
7. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
8. Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- you may opt out of any Google Analytics Advertising Features through Ads Settings, Ad Settings for mobile apps or by downloading an add-on for your browser here – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
9. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to the processing of your data:
- The right at any time to withdraw your consent to our use of your data – but if you do so we will no longer be able to provide services to you;
- The right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- The right to access the information we hold about you and to be provided with a copy. If you make more than one such request, we will be entitled to charge a reasonable fee for the second and subsequent requests;
- If you consider that any of the information that we hold about you is inaccurate, you have the right to ask us to rectify that inaccuracy;
- If you consider that the information that we hold about you is incomplete, you have the right to ask us to complete it;
- The right to ask us to delete the information that we hold about you if, for example, you consider that this information is no longer necessary for the purpose for which we collected it. This is sometimes referred to as “the right to be forgotten”;
- The right to ask us to suspend processing of your data if: (i) you consider that it is inaccurate; or (ii) its processing is unlawful but you do not wish us to delete it; or (iii) we no longer require the data but you need us to keep it for a legal claim; or (iv) you object to the processing and we are verifying whether we have a legitimate reason to continue processing it;
- The right to be provided with a copy of the data that we hold about you in a commonly used electronic format. This is sometimes referred to as “data portability”.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please write to The Data Controller, iPlace Global Ltd, 4 Old Park Lane, London, W1K 1QW, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.